Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stopped for a train in a downtrodden area of Detroit

Whatever I attempted to do today was met by a delay of some kind;
-a banker was late for an appointment
-my computer took extra long to boot up
-the gas pump at Sam's Club did not print a receipt and I had to have attendant write one out
-stopped by a train in a depressed, desolate area of the city.

The train delay was long enough, causing us, 3 cars waiting, to turn off our engines.
In my side view mirror, I saw a bulking man approach me from his car which was behind mine.  By his appearance, I was a bit unnerved as he had multiple tattoos on each of his arms which were larger than my legs in girth and strength.  Before I could roll up my window as a precaution, he was in my face.
His words, "Hey man, may I close your gas cap door?"
Surprised and with relief I said, " Go ahead Dude, thanks Man."

A random act of kindness given at a stopped intersection in a desolate, downtrodden area of Detroit by a kind, big SOB.  Whoever you are, thanks Dude.

1 comment: