Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am not afraid anymore

Inspired by my sister-in-law, Merely, who says I am a good writer,


I hope you enjoy this so I don’t bite her.



I am not afraid anymore



I am not afraid if you don’t like my rhymes,
I am not afraid of hard times.

I am not afraid to see what I see,
I am not afraid if you don’t understand me.

I am not afraid to cherish,
I am not afraid my dreams will perish.

I am not afraid to be lost,
I am not afraid of what it will cost.

I am not afraid to take a walk,
I am not afraid to talk.

I am not afraid of the unknown,
I am not afraid to be alone.

I am not afraid to give up the ghost,
I am not afraid of what you want most.

I am not afraid of the occasional high,
I am not afraid to die,

I am not afraid to cry,
I am not afraid I am going to fry.

I am not afraid of some sorrow,
I am not afraid of tomorrow.

Thank you, God, I want so much to live,
Now it’s my turn to give.

I am blessed, I am not afraid anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment